Sunday, October 18, 2009

October break

Over fall break, I went camping in, basically, the middle on nowhere Kentucky. We had no cell phone service for about 15 miles from where our campsite was, but thankfully, we had a GPS!! We were completely ready for the trip. We had planned ahead of time for food, tents, chairs, everything you can think of for the trip itself, except for directions. Well thankfully, our handy Garmin helped us. It was on the spot with our mileage and speed, how amazing. I guess I never realized its many components until I had to spend about 5 hours in the car with nothing to do. It even helped us find the nearest Chinese food on the way home from Kentucky, since my friends were all craving some deep fried goodness. I suppose I underestimate what technology can do these days, but in a way I'm glad. But it's also scary. I can't imagine life without my cell phone or even a GPS now. I had no cell phone reception for two full days and I thought my life was going to end.
What has the world come to?

No comments:

Post a Comment