Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Technology pitch

Today was our technology pitch.  We created an avatar aptitude test, which I thought was a pretty good idea. I took an aptitude test my senior year of high school to help me figure out what kind of major I should have in college, or what I should do after high school, but it didn't really help. I don't even remember what I scored on it and what the results were and now that I am graduating, I still doubt the major that I have chosen. 
I thought we had a good idea. I think it would be a nice software program if it actually is existent in the real world. It would really help people figure out what they want to do, especially in a game. Since The Sims was so successful and people enjoy playing it, why not turn it into something more interactive and involved with real life? If only I was a software programmer, then maybe it would actually happen...
Overall, I think our project went pretty well. We dressed up and seemed informed about our pitch. We did have some difficult questions though, that we had not thought about before hand. We spent a lot of time on the hand out and the powerpoint presentation. Our presentation itself was short and concise, and definitely to the point. I think that is a good thing though, we didn't ramble on about things that didn't matter. The three minute presentation ended up taking nearly two or three hours to prepare. I have good thoughts about our project, hopefully our grade will show it. I'm afraid that our details may have been a little lacking, but other than that little fact, I think it went really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment